Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
.its' servers pm.noghost.net / pm2.noghost.net/ pm3.noghost.net

+5
bk
q.
Tw1ster
havoc
Rub3n
9 posters

Help me whit homework!

Rub3n
    Rub3n
    Impossible to stop
    Impossible to stop

Help me whit homework! Empty Help me whit homework!

Post by Rub3n Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:28 pm

waza bitches!
    Listen, i need the most possible amount of information about John. J. Donovan and his Canonic Systems!.It doesn't matter if it is in english, i can translate it. I looked for it in google and couldn't find anything, meaby that information and documents are not available for me due to my location, hope you guyz can help me! Thanks Very Happy
    havoc
    havoc

Help me whit homework! Empty Re: Help me whit homework!

Post by havoc Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:41 pm

lmao.
    Tw1ster
    Tw1ster
    Impossible to stop
    Impossible to stop

Post by Tw1ster Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:43 pm

John J. Donovan (born 1942) is a retired professor of electrical engineering and management at Massachusetts Institute of Technology,[1] was a professor of pediatrics[2] at Tufts University, and is an executive training guru. Donovan made headlines in 2007 when he was convicted of filing a false police report. Prosecutors produced evidence that Donovan staged an elaborate hoax—which included shooting himself in the stomach and then blaming the shooting on his eldest son.[3] In August 2010, a judge denied Donovan's motion for a new trial.[4] In September, Donovan announced that he has formed a partnership with The Andrews Institute and Baptist Health Care in Pensacola, Florida. In his press release, Donovan says Harvard Medical School Professor and Economist Thomas McGuire will undertake research regarding the medical work at the Andrews Institute.[5] he is researching medical fraud.[6] He is a member of Hamilton Thorne's Scientific Advisory Board.[7] Since his MIT retirement, he has become a successful entrepreneur, founding many technology companies and amassing an estimated fortune of $100 million. He has co-founded seven public companies, including Cambridge Technology Partners, Open Environment Corporation. He developed innovative solutions for some 200 institutions, including Oracle,[8] Boeing, AA, Aegon, BP, IBM, HP, Samsung, SAP.[9][10]
    q.
    q.

Post by q. Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:55 pm

Wiki Loves Monuments: Photograph a monument, help Wikipedia and win!
    John J. Donovan
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia This article is an autobiography, or has been extensively edited by the subject or an institution related to the subject, and may not conform to Wikipedia's neutral point of view policy. Please see the relevant discussion on the talk page.
    A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. It may require cleanup to comply with Wikipedia's content policies, particularly neutral point of view. Please discuss further on the talk page. (April 2010)
    John Joseph Donovan

John J. Donovan
    Born February 12, 1942
    Lynn, Massachusetts
    Nationality American
    Citizenship United States
    Alma mater Tufts University
    Yale University
    Massachusetts Institute of Technology
    Occupation Entrepreneur, Professor at MIT (Retired)
    Known for Entrepreneurship, Information technology, Philanthropy
    Net worth $100 million USD (2005)
    Spouse Linda Donovan
    Signature
    Website
    Professor John J. Donovan

John J. Donovan (born 1942) is a retired professor of electrical engineering and management at Massachusetts Institute of Technology,[1] was a professor of pediatrics[2] at Tufts University, and is an executive training guru. Donovan made headlines in 2007 when he was convicted of filing a false police report. Prosecutors produced evidence that Donovan staged an elaborate hoax—which included shooting himself in the stomach and then blaming the shooting on his eldest son.[3] In August 2010, a judge denied Donovan's motion for a new trial.[4] In September, Donovan announced that he has formed a partnership with The Andrews Institute and Baptist Health Care in Pensacola, Florida. In his press release, Donovan says Harvard Medical School Professor and Economist Thomas McGuire will undertake research regarding the medical work at the Andrews Institute.[5] he is researching medical fraud.[6] He is a member of Hamilton Thorne's Scientific Advisory Board.[7] Since his MIT retirement, he has become a successful entrepreneur, founding many technology companies and amassing an estimated fortune of $100 million. He has co-founded seven public companies, including Cambridge Technology Partners, Open Environment Corporation. He developed innovative solutions for some 200 institutions, including Oracle,[8] Boeing, AA, Aegon, BP, IBM, HP, Samsung, SAP.[9][10]Contents
    1 Early life
    2 Academic career
    3 Public service
    4 Business career
    5 Philanthropy
    6 Awards
    7 Personal life
    8 References
    9 External links

[edit]
    Early life

John J.Donovan was born in Lynn, MA, to John J. Sr. and Madeline Donovan. John J. Sr. was an elementary school teacher, and part-time police officer. Madeline was a social worker.

Donovan attended Lynn English High School. He received his bachelor's degree in engineering from Tufts University. He holds two masters degrees - one in engineering and one in science, and a PhD - all from Yale University.[11] He was a Ford Postdoctoral Fellow at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).[11][12]
    [edit]
    Academic career

Donovan received his tenure at MIT in 1977,[13] at the time being one of the youngest tenured professors. He received the Student Teaching Award three years in a row (1970–72), and David A. Schultz Award for Excellence in Teaching (1969).[14] He was a professor at MIT for 31 years before retiring.[1]

He authored seminal text books in computer science, including Systems Programming[15] and Operating Systems,[16] and his research focused on early work in operating systems, databases, and later applications of IT to business. He has also wrote popular business books such as Business Re-engineering with Information Technology[17] and Business & Technology: A Paradigm Shift.[18] Donovan and his son John Jr. co-authored The Second Industrial Revolution.[19][20]

Donovan also served as an assistant clinical professor of pediatrics at Tufts University School of Medicine. He received two awards for his work at the Center for Birth Defects.[21][22] Donovan lectured on Strategic Computing in Government while at Harvard University.[23]
    [edit]
    Public service

Jay-Yong Lee, George H. W. Bush and John Donovan at the opening of Samsung's chip factory in Texas.

Donovan served on National Academy of Sciences Advisory Committee on Technology reporting to President Jimmy Carter. Donovan worked with President George H. W. Bush's administration on the impact of the internet and applications sponsored by DARPA.

Donovan[24] worked with the Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff General Richard Myers to develop Joint Protection Enterprise Network (JPEN),[25] a system developed in response to 9/11 attack.

John J. Donovan and General Richard Myers during JPEN Project.

Donovan worked with Tip O'Neill and Ted Kennedy on birth defect legislature, based on Donovan's work at Tufts University School of Medicine Birth Defects Center.[26][27][28][29]

John J. Donovan and Tip O'Neill working on birth defects legislature.

John J. Donovan and Ted Kennedy.
    [edit]
    Business career

Currently, Donovan is working with The Andrews Institute and Baptist health Care of Pensacola as part of his techology company Cloud Industries.[30] Donovan announced the partnership with Dr James Andrews of the Andrews Institute and Al Stubblefield, CEO of Baptist Health Care Pensacola.[31] Donovan started his business career by providing technical training for AT&T[32][33] computer business personnel. Later courses shifted towards sales and strategy training to executives.[8] This led to Donovan devising a method of helping companies meet their customers' needs through workshops. Key sponsors and partners of those workshops were British Telecom, Hewlett Packard, Oracle, IBM, Digital Equipment Corporation, SAP.

These workshops were the origin of many companies, including: Cambridge Technology Group,[34][35][36][37] Business@Web[10][38][39](which later was renamed One Wave[40]), Open Environment Corporation,[41] Cambridge Technology Partners,[42] Cambridge Executive Enterprises, Cambridge Technology Enterprises, C-Bridge[43][44][45] and CellExchange.[46]

Donovan also had his share of disappointments. One of the companies he co-founded, Knoware, despite winning several awards,[47] ran out of venture money and had to file for bankruptcy.[37][48] He sold Cambridge Technology Partners (CTP) for only $20 million, and CTP's market capitalization soon jumped to $1.3 billion.[37] He sold his share in Mitrol for "very little",[37] to see Mitrol soon after be sold to GE for $10 million.[37]
    [edit]
    Philanthropy

Donovan has done a lot of charity work personally and through the companies[49] that he established. He and his son John Jr. established scholarships at Yale University.[50] Donovan and Jay-Yong Lee established a scholarship at Boston University in Donovan father's name.[51] He and his son John J. Donovan Jr. have donated the use of athletic fields to the town of Hamilton, MA.[52] Donovan made major contributions to Education Outbound,[53] a public charity founded by his son John.[54] In 2009 Donovan was recognized by the Essex County Trail Association for his land conservation work.[55][56][57][58] Donovan has also done land conservation work in Vermont.[6]

Through his charitable organization Children’s Potential Unlimited[59] he donated computers to Connery Elementary School in Lynn, MA.

While at MIT Donovan had also donated his time to teaching at Lowell Institute.[60]
    [edit]
    Awards

Donovan was honored by congressman Harold Ford[61] for contributions to the field of information technology. Donovan was appointed Kentucky Colonel[62] and New Mexico Colonel, Aide-de-Camp[63] for IT and charity work. Donovan was honored by Senator John Glenn for contribution to birth defects information systems and advancing the development of technology.[64] Donovan holds Honorary Doctorate of Economics from University of Economics, Prague,[65][66] first doctorate in economics since the invasion of Czechoslovakia.
    [edit]
    Personal life

On August 17, 2007 John J. Donovan was convicted of staging an elaborate hoax which included shooting himself in the stomach—as part of a bizarre attempt to accuse his oldest son of being involved in a plot to kill him. Prosecutors say John Donovan's lied to them and the police. They called his actions a "corruption" of the criminal justice system. The judge called John Donovan "bizzare." Donovan was sentenced to two years' probation.[67] Donovan was shot twice in the stomach in the parking lot of his office in Cambridge, Massachusetts on the night of December 16, 2005.[68] After being released from the hospital he told police that he suspected that his son had arranged the shooting. In May 2006 he was indicted for filing a false police report about the incident,[69] and in August 2007 he was convicted of the charge.[70] After a long appeal, in August 2010 the trial judge denied Donovan's motion for a new trial saying there were no grounds to retry the case. His lawyers have announced they will take the case to appeals court.[71]

Donovan is married to Linda Donovan. He has five children. He works closely with his youngest son, John Donovan, Jr.

One of his three daughters accused him of child molestation in 2002; the abuse purportedly took place 40 years ago. Donovan has consistently denied that there was any abuse of any kind. A spokesman for Donovan has said that she made the accusations to gain leverage in a financial dispute. In addition, several legal battles have been waged with four of his five children over claims to his fortune and real estate holdings.[72] His youngest son, John Donovan Jr., has acted as a peacemaker in the family dispute.[73]
    [edit]
    References
    ^ a b Certificate of Recognition
    ^ Professor of Pediatrics Appointment Letter - Tufts
    ^ The Boston Globe August 18, 2007 Article by John R. Ellement
    ^ Salem News Nov, 6 2010
    ^ Business Wire Press Release Sept. 3, 2010 "Groundbreaking Harvard and Cloud Industries Ealth Workshop Proves "Game Changer" for Andrews Institute and Baptist Health Care
    ^ a b Community Recognizes Pomfret CoupleVermont Standard, Volume 156 - Number 36,September 11, 2009.
    ^ Hamilton Thorne Scientific Advisory Board
    ^ a b Donovan Executive Seminar Oracle
    ^ SAP America President to Run New Company New York Times,February 1, 1996.
    ^ a b SAP LOSES ITS US CHIEF EXECUTIVE TO INTERNET APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT START-UP BUSINESS@WEBCBR, February 16, 1996.
    ^ a b Donovan Resume
    ^ Virtual Machine Communication for the Implementation of Decision Support SystemIEEE Transactions on Software Engineering,Vol. SE-3, No. 5, September 1977
    ^ John J. Donovan Tenure Letter
    ^ John J. Donovan David A. Schultz Award Certificate
    ^ Systems programmingLibrary of Congress Online Catalogue
    ^ Operating SystemsLibrary of Congress Online Catalogue
    ^ Library of Congress On-line Catalogue
    ^ Donovan Executive Seminar - About the Speaker
    ^ Second Industrial Revolution,Library of Congress Online Catalogue
    ^ Second Industrial RevolutionCover and Acknowledgments.
    ^ John J. Donovan Recognition Letter From Tufts Medical School 1974
    ^ John J. Donovan Recognition Letter From Tufts Medical School 1979
    ^ The Oralce e-business Executive Seminar Series Brochure, www.oracle.com
    ^ Donovan talking about JPEN FOX 25 Morning News.
    ^ General Myers talking about JPEN C-SPAN 2.
    ^ Computers to help in birth defect fightAssociated Press,June 14, 1978.
    ^ Birth defects information service begins operations at T-NEMCAssociated Press
    ^ A project to enlist computers in battle against birth defectsSan Francisco Examiner,June 14, 1978
    ^ New Birth Defect Computer System DemonstratedTech Talk,June 14, 1978
    ^ Gulf Breeze News 2010-09-09
    ^ Gulf Breeze article
    ^ AT&T - Cambridge Institute Information Systems Brochure
    ^ Cambridge Institute for Information Systems - Staff Members - 1986
    ^ Listening is important, but leading is the main job The Boston Globe, January 11, 2004.
    ^ Sound Bytes: Three Careers and Counting New York Times, August 21, 1994.
    ^ [1]
    ^ a b c d e Still battling the bullies As John Donovan rolls out companies, he leaves behind both admirers and enemies The Boston Globe, June 30, 1996.
    ^ NEC & BUSINESS@WEB TO MAKE CORPORATE NET KIT CBR, May 17, 1996.
    ^ Primix Assignment And Assumption Agreement TechAgreements, March 15, 1996.
    ^ Tidal Wave Hits OneWaveAMR Research,June 16, 1997
    ^ Open Environment Corporation SEC Filing 10-K405/A, October 11, 1996.
    ^ For start-up, connections pay The Boston Globe, August 7, 2003.
    ^ Fishing for Patterns at C-bridge by Larry Lapide,AMR Research, May 22, 2000
    ^ Education, Expertise, and Execution Define C-Bridge by Kate Murphy and Kevin O'Marah,AMR Research,November 14, 2000
    ^ AMENDMENT NO. 3 To FORM S-1, C-bridge Internet Solutions, Inc. SEC Archives.
    ^ CellExchange is a company to watch
    ^ Best Product of the MonthPersonal Software magazine, March 1984.
    ^ Knoware ReturnsInfoWorld,August 5, 1985.
    ^ Gratitude letter by Department of Social Services Commissioner Jeffrey Locke
    ^ Donovan Family ScholarshipYale University
    ^ John J. Donovan Sr. ScholarshipBoston University
    ^ A Big Score: Hamilton Couple Build Diamond For the Town Salem News, April 24, 2004.
    ^ Education Outbound Contributors
    ^ 100 Little RemindersSalem News,2001.
    ^ John and Linda Donovan honored at Myopia Horse ShowHamilton-Wenham Chronicle, September 24, 2009.
    ^ Local News Salem News, September 7, 2009.
    ^ Donovan/Sagamore Hill temporarily closedEssex County Trail Association
    ^ Run for the Trails Muddy FunEssex County Trail Association,November 7, 2009
    ^ Brochure Children's Potential Unlimited
    ^ Lowell Institute General Bulletin 1968-1969
    ^ Proclamation by Congressman Harold Ford
    ^ Kentucky Colonel Appointment Letter
    ^ Donovan Colonel Award Certificate
    ^ Award Letter From John Glenn
    ^ Seznam čestných doktorátů udělených VŠE v Praze v letech 1991 - 2008
    ^ Prague University Honorary Degree
    ^ The Boston Globe August 18, 2007
    ^ Who is John Donovan?,Salem News
    ^ Millionaire Indicted for Making False Shooting Claim, Associated Press, May 4, 2006
    ^ The Boston Globe August 18, 2007 "Ex-professor found guilty of staging his own shooting"
    ^ Salem News November 6, 2010 article by Julie Manganis
    ^ MIT Entrepreneur Survives Execution-Style Shooting, InformationWeek, December 19, 2005
    ^ There is no evidence the dispute has been resolved.
    [edit]
    External links
    Resume and brief biography on his website.
    MIT website
    Profile on list of Bermuda's rich residents.
    Hamilton Thorne's Scientific Advisory Board
    Donovan's profile on Oracle's website
    Donovan's workshop for Grand River Hospital
    General Myers on JPEN
    Categories: 1942 births | People from Lynn, Massachusetts | Tufts University alumni | Electrical engineering academics | Computer systems researchers | American computer scientists | Yale University alumni | Massachusetts Institute of Technology faculty | American pediatricians | Tufts University faculty | American philanthropists | Kentucky colonels | American businesspeople | Living people
    Article
    Discussion
    Read
    Edit
    View history

Navigation
    Main page
    Contents
    Featured content
    Current events
    Random article
    Donate to Wikipedia
    Interaction
    Help
    About Wikipedia
    Community portal
    Recent changes
    Contact Wikipedia
    Toolbox
    What links here
    Related changes
    Upload file
    Special pages
    Permanent link
    Cite this page
    Print/export
    Create a book
    Download as PDF
    Printable version
    This page was last modified on 7 September 2011 at 20:27.
    Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. See Terms of use for details.
    Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization.
    Contact us
    Privacy policy
    About Wikipedia
    Disclaimers
    Mobile view

Help me whit homework! John_J_Donovan

DID THAT HELP YOU LAZY FAGGOT?
    bk
    bk

Post by bk Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:46 pm

born in lynn...next to my town :O

8==========================D
    Rub3n
    Rub3n
    Impossible to stop
    Impossible to stop

Post by Rub3n Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:11 pm

Mmmm that's not exactly what im needing. Meaby i explained myself wrong, i need info but about Canonic Systems, which has been created by Donovan. My teacher already found that info in wikipedia, and he challeged us to find more info, and about Canonic Systems, not about Donovan's life xD. But thanks anyways Very Happy
    q.
    q.

Post by q. Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:01 pm

SIGN IN SIGN UP

FURTHER RESULTS ON HIERARCHIES OF CANONIC SYSTEMS
    Author: R. Mandl
    Publication:
    · Technical Report
    FURTHER RESULTS ON HIERARCHIES OF CANONIC SYSTEMS
    Massachusetts Institute of Technology Cambridge, MA, USA ©1972

1972 Technical Report
    Bibliometrics
    · Downloads (6 Weeks): n/a
    · Downloads (12 Months): n/a
    · Citation Count: 0

Tools and Resources
    Save to Binder
    Export Formats:
    BibTeX EndNote ACM Ref

Share:
    |

Feedback | Switch to single page view (no tabs) Abstract Authors References Cited By Index Terms Publication Reviews Comments

This thesis outlines a new way of presenting the theory of canonic systems, including a distinction (for methodic reasons) between simple canonic systems and general canonic systems, and probes a series of results on hierarchies of canonic systems. After a brief summary of Doyle''s results on a partial hierarchy of canonic systems, a new hierarchy is developed (Chapter II) which relates the general canonic systems not only to all 4 types of formal grammars defined by Chomsky but also to any class of formal grammars definable in terms of productions. It is also shown (Chapter III) that all attempts to define a mathematical system which exactly corresponds to the recursive sets are necessarily fruitless. Doyle''s work on how to define "non-contracting canonic systems with predicates of degree 2" (NCST) is continued, arriving at a workable definition which permits us to prove [NCST] = [Type 1] (Chapter IV), a conjecture put forth at the III''d Princeton Conference on Information Sciences and Systems. This results transforms Doyle''s hierarchy from "the union of two half-hierarchies and a dangling term (the NCST)" into a complete hierarchy of canonic systems (all 4 types represented). However, this hierarchy is heterogeneous: canonic systems corresponding to grammars of types 3 and 2 use only predicates of degree 1, while canonic systems corresponding to grammars of types 1 and 0 use also predicates of degree 2; moreover, for all types of grammars except for context-sensitive grammars the canonic systems turned out to be simple. Schematically, the form of this hierarchy may be summarized as S1 S1 G2 S2 (for types 3,2,1,0). We first show (Chapter V) how to get a hierarchy of simple canonic systems, S1 S1 S2 S2, using as base Doyle''s hierarchy, and then transform it into S1 S1 S2 S1. Since this hierarchy does not seem to lend itself to further "homogenization," we shall use the hierarchy of Chapter II to obtain a hierarchy of simple canonic system with predicates of degree 1: S1 S1 S1 S1. Several new classes of canonic systems (non-cross referencing, non-inserting, and pure canonic systems) are introduced in Chapter VI, where their properties are explored, and a classification schema and several hierarchies are developed.