Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
.its' servers pm.noghost.net / pm2.noghost.net/ pm3.noghost.net

5 posters

Sick of no public freeze servers to play on.. (and I f'n hate rAz3r...)

ReAper
    ReAper

Sick of no public freeze servers to play on.. (and I f'n hate rAz3r...) Empty Sick of no public freeze servers to play on.. (and I f'n hate rAz3r...)

Post by ReAper Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:44 pm

Everyone knows it's impossible to simulate a freeze game accurately with bots, but does that necessarily mean it's impossible to make it somewhat enjoyable?

I used to say yes.

However, I recently reinstalled q3 and have been tweaking a bot cfg around for a week or so trying to make the gameplay fast-paced enough to disregard the fact I'm not playing real people.

Along with that I also scavenged google looking for some more intelligent bots than the stock, vanilla idiots ID provided us with. I only managed to find 2 marginally better ones (bug/goblin) - but they both still suffer from the flaw that causes them to become complacent in a room and either stand in one spot or spin in circles in one spot.

My solutions?

- nearly eliminated the melt time completely (if a teammate even gets within range of you for a split second you'll thaw so bots are thawing each other and you on a regular basis - which is weird to see at first lol)

- in the event you get shot in an odd location on a map I also set the global thaw time to 30 seconds so that's the maximum time you'll ever spend frozen

- to counteract the issue I noted (and most are aware of) regarding bots seeing the light I set anticamper relatively low and have the enemy transported to another random location on the map as opposed to becoming frozen. This is great if for example you're playing dm7 and a bot decides to just anchor down in dungeon or portal.

- I'm pretty high on nostalgia (and I would think most people who still play q3 are too since this game is ancient) so I made a bunch of bot files with 10 or so old friends you may recognize from the past decade or so of gaming. It obviously pales in comparison to the real deal but it's still refreshing to see classic camping courtyard on dm6 or pr0mega raping quad on dm7 etc. etc.

/connect nub.noghost.net

If I somehow manage to get a decent traffic flow I may cut down the bots a bit but I would assume it'll remain the way I have it for the life of the server.

Take a second to check it out and give some feedback if you'd like; I'd be happy to add files to the server at request if someone should be interested.

- ReAp

p.s. Hi
    flyy
    flyy

Sick of no public freeze servers to play on.. (and I f'n hate rAz3r...) Empty Re: Sick of no public freeze servers to play on.. (and I f'n hate rAz3r...)

Post by flyy Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:48 pm

Reap!!!

Let me get this out the way now...GO TO QCON THIS YEAR!!!Secondly, tonight I will connect to the server and check it out.

Thirdly, we should just hack into the razer servers cfg and replace it with the 2k noghost cfg. Nobody will notice! I also hate playing there..its retarded and so annoying. I used to enjoy it when i first started playing quake. Sadly, we dont have enough in the community to keep an actual public server alive
    Rub3n
    Rub3n
    Impossible to stop
    Impossible to stop

Sick of no public freeze servers to play on.. (and I f'n hate rAz3r...) Empty Re: Sick of no public freeze servers to play on.. (and I f'n hate rAz3r...)

Post by Rub3n Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:28 pm

SS | DESIRE COME BACK PLEASE!!!!!!!
    p1x3L
    p1x3L

Post by p1x3L Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:23 pm

ITT: Kennith QQs
    bk
    bk

Post by bk Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:22 pm

pixel you faggot gtfo...

i connected to the server hoping i would be a bot... /ragequit Sad
    flyy
    flyy

Post by flyy Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:54 pm

ew pixel...
    ReAper
    ReAper

Post by ReAper Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:17 pm

Aww my hetero lifemate sha has followed me to this topic. XoXo.

/edit

Btw I gave up on freezetag; it's just insta now but still more fun than razer bs LOL!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:12 am